Original geschrieben von: Drifter
Nachtrag zu den Red Sox: ja, logisch gehören die zur MLB ..

Zum Namen der neuen Winnipeg Franchise:
Ich denke, dass es grundsätzlich möglich sein sollte, der Coyotes Franchise die Namensrechte für die Jets abzukaufen .. die Frage ist aber: will das True North überhaupt?

Winnipeg Gold wär extrem toll.. so richtig aufregend.. so wie "Wild" .. ich hoffe, da fällt den Verantwortlichen noch was schlaueres ein. ..

Was sind deine Quellen betreffend "Winnipeg Gold"? ..

Ja, evtl. geht es wirklich mit dem Kaufen (habe mal nachgeschaut, die NHL hat die Namens- und Logorechte der Jets gekauft), aber ich glaube das würden sie auch nicht wollen, das sie ja eben nicht die Jets sind. So tönt es zumindest aus Winnipeg.

Hier wurden ein paar Namen vorgeschlagen:

Winnipeg Polar Bears
Polar bears live in Manitoba. Here’s proof. It would be fitting to name an ice hockey team after the largest cold-weather predator on the planet.

Manitoba Mounties
The Thrashers’ move from Atlanta to Winnipeg was a victory not only for Winnipeg and Manitoba, but for all of Canada, a nation that between 1988 and 1996 lost Wayne Gretzky and two NHL franchises to its southern neighbor. I can’t think of a more Canadian name for a hockey team than the Manitoba Mounties.

Winnipeg Forks
In Winnipeg “forks” refers not only to a dining utensil but also to the confluence of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers. The city grew up around The Forks, and this merging of waterways is the centerpiece of downtown Winnipeg. The dining utensil of the same name could inspire some interesting logo and mascot ideas.

Winnipeg Goldeyes
Like the Baltimore oriole, the Winnipeg goldeye is an actual thing that exists. The Winnipeg goldeye is a fish that lives in Lake Winnipeg and was critical to the growth of commercial fishing in Mantioba. Goldeyes is also the name of Winnipeg’s independent league baseball team. The team’s logo is a fish holding a bat with its fins.

That’s my unsolicited advice to the city of Winnipeg, Manitoba and True North Sports & Entertainment, the group that will take ownership of the Thrashers sometime in the next 48 hours. I won’t be bothered if none of these names are chosen, but I do ask that the city and the new owners choose a nickname that is specific or meaningful to Winnipeg or Manitoba.

Das einzige, was ich hier nicht total Scheisse finde ist Polar Bears, das wäre noch geil.

Bearbeitet von blue_penguin66 (01/06/2011 10:35)