http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/218942.html --> en français

STREIT FEELS LIKE ATTACKING

Friday, December 08 2006 - MONTREAL (CP)

Mark Streit had never done it, but he's quickly enjoying himself up front. The Swiss defenseman is surprised by the progress he's making as a forward on the fourth line.

"I have fun and I feel at ease, admitted Streit, Friday. I quickly assimilated the tasks that I needed to accomplish"

Before doing a few appearences in a playoff match last spring, Streit had never played forward. Not even in the Swiss minor leagues.

Since the return of Francis Bouillon, coach Guy Carbonneau has often used seven defensemen. Bouillon, Mathieu Dandenault and Streit have been called upon to play on the wing.

"The most important is to be willing to do it. I have no problem with it. I think it is a point in my favour. I can be used as a forward and then on defense during powerplays. And it is great if my ressourcefulness is appreciated. I'm doing my best."

Carbonneau says Streit, who had 14 minutes of gameplay on Thursday, gives precious services to the team

"He brings stability on the 4th line. I have nothing to say against Aaron Downey, but the Mark's and Mathieu Dandenault's speed serves them well. Defensemen are used to fight for puck possession along the boards. They're doing it well as forwards."

"I've always said it was easier for a defensemen to play as a forward than the opposite."